Visiting the dentist - especially for the first time - can be a stressful experience. But at Thurston Dental we go out of our way to ease your anxiety and talk with you about your expectations and concerns. Comfort is found in communication. We don’t just care about your teeth, we care about all of you. Whether it’s your first visit or your fiftieth, Thurston dental will provide you and your family dental care with compassion.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness,
and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays and photographs of your teeth and mouth
- Checking over your teeth and gums to complete a full mouth examination
The doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays and photographs, help you create your own individual treatment plan, schedule your cleaning, and answer any questions you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to your first appointment to complete new patient paperwork
- Patients with specific health conditions should bring a list of all medications they are currently taking
- Children under the age of eighteen years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- If you have dental insurance please bring your information with you and a form of ID
- In order for our staff to provide the best care possible to each patient we require that new patients undergo a comprehensive examination at the time of their initial visit
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit the dentist, please remember that your appointments can last between 45 and 90 minutes.